Highly Recommended Reading and Viewing
These talks and books will give you new ways to think.
Videos of Talks
- Pat Deegan new technologies in Mental Health Conversations
- Dave Snowden Complex Adaptive Systems
- Evan Czaplicki The Hard Parts of Open Source
- Christopher Alexander Creating Harmony, Ability, Wholeness
- Douglas W. Hubbard Interview about How To Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk
- Cognition in the Wild. A mind-expanding look at the computational and cognitive properties of systems that are larger than the individual.
- How to Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk
- People-Centric Security: Transforming Your Enterprise Security Culture
- Incident Management for Operations
- Seeing Theory A gorgeous interactive online textbook with explanations of statistics and probability. Check out the demos of Bayesian Inference!
- Waterfall Diagrams help visualize Bayes rule in odds form.
- Financial Analytics Using R Online textbook discussion of operational risk with R code for calculating and plotting potential loss as well as fitting historical losses. Written in Bookdown, open source.
- SHELF Single distribution elicitation Shiny App for SHELF method of expert elicitation.
- Python Data Science Handbook Also written in bookdown, this open source textbook shows how to do python visualization using Seaborn, and includes links to Jupyter notebooks with remixable examples.
- Gordon-Loeb model The Economics of Information Security Investment